Three lucky retailers can win a copy of Clare Rayner’s latest book and learn the skills needed to improve their businesses.
In July Clare Rayner led the second Independent Retailer Month in the UK and now her book on the 10 Steps to Retail Success has been published.
The inspiration for the book started when an independent retailer tweeted ‘can someone help me – where can I find a guide to being a successful smaller retailer’.
Here’s a small sample of Clare Rayner’s retail tips:
• Don’t compete on price, compete on service.
• Know your ideal customer so well they’re like an imaginary friend, you can make decisions on their behalf and ensure every aspect of your product, pricing, promotions and engagement are focused on attracting that customer.
• You need to be where your customers are... it sounds obvious but so many retailers pick low- cost locations over ideal locations – this is false economy.
• Don’t forget if you offer home delivery that the last person who interacts with your customer is the delivery driver – choose who you partner with wisely as this will be the final memory your customer has of their experience of buying from you.
• When you create an action plan don’t just file it away in a draw, do it! If you are the kind of person who needs to externalise it to feel ‘committed’ to it then get a mentor to help you stay focused!
To win a copy of The Retail Champion – 10 Steps to Retail Success, simply emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your company name and the answer to this question: What is the name of Clare Rayner’s new Christmas campaign for retailers?
To buy a copy of The Retail Champion – 10 Steps to Retail Success and to request a signature and personal dedication visit www.retailchampion.co.uk/retail-success.
Want to receive up-to-the-minute tech news straight to your inbox? Then click here to sign up for the completely free PCR Daily Digest and Newsflash email services. You can also follow PCR on Twitter and Facebook.