Razer really loves its multi-coloured PC gaming accessories, doesn't it?
The vendor has revealed the Razer Firefly: 'the world’s first ultra-thin gaming mouse mat featuring Chroma lighting with 16.8 million customisable colour options'.
Yes - it's a mouse mat that lights up. It's out in June priced at £54.99 in the UK, $59.99 in the US and €74.99 in Europe. It will be supplied into the UK market by distributor VIP Computers.
The Firefly features reactive, wave and spectrum-style lighting effects along its left, right and bottom borders, and it can sync up with other Chroma-enabled Razer devices such as mice and keyboards.
It uses Razer’s Synapse software, which allows the devices to sync lighting colors and patterns between Chroma accessories at the click of a button. Firefly will also be included in the Chroma SDK for game developers to integrate specific lighting effects into their games.
“The Razer Firefly opens up a new category for the Chroma family,” says Min-Liang Tan, Razer co-founder and CEO.
“We’ve designed the Razer Firefly with the best components for a gaming mouse mat, along with the new, fully-customisable Chroma lighting.
"No one said you can’t win with style.”
Here's the full list of specs:
- Micro-textured finish for balanced gameplay
- Optimized surface coating for highly responsive tracking
- Chroma customizable lighting
- Non-slip rubber base
- Razer Synapse enabled (for Chroma customizable lighting)
- Gold-plated, USB connector (to power the Chroma customizable lighting)
- Seven-foot, lightweight, braided fiber cable
- Approximate size: 355 mm / 13.98-in. (Length) x 255 mm / 10.04-in. (Width) x 4 mm / 0.16-in. (Height)
- Approximate weight: 380 g / 0.84 lbs
- PC or Mac with a free USB port
- Windows® 8 / Windows® 7 / Windows Vista® / Windows® XP (32-bit) / Mac OS X (v10.8-10.10)
- Internet connection
- 100MB of hard disk space
- Razer Synapse registration (requiring a valid e-mail), software download, license acceptance, and internet connection needed to activate full features of product and for software updates. After activation, full features are available in optional offline mode.