The public sector is among the leaders of innovation in the Internet of Things (IoT), Cisco has said.
The sector’s use of IoT topped the top 10 insights unveiled by the research firm.
The top 10 Cisco IoT insights were as follows:
1. Public sector organizations are among the world's leading IoT innovators.
2. Cities are using comprehensive IoT strategies to capture IoE value.
3. A powerful network foundation expands the art of the possible.
4. Scalable pilot projects build support, momentum and expertise.
5. Data analytics magnify the impact of IoT.
6. Cities are rapidly going mobile as part of their IoT strategies.
7. IoT solutions must address people and process, not just data and things.
8. Transparency and open data unlock the hidden potential of IoT.
9. Breaking down organisational silos is a necessity for (and fruit of) IoT success.
10. Senior leadership must actively drive IoT-focused change.
Meanwhile, enterprise networking distributor TDAzlan has been appointed as a distributor for Cisco’s Meraki portfolio of cloud-based wireless networking solutions for EMEAR.
The partnership extends the availability of solutions from the Cisco’s cloud networking group throughout the region, enabling Cisco partners to draw on the capabilities of Azlan to boost their opportunities and sales of the Cisco range of cloud-based wireless networking products.
Joachim Braune, European business development director for Cisco at Azlan, said: “Wireless access is increasingly important as demand for mobile Internet grows, so do the management requirements increase.
“Cisco solutions enable customers to meet infrastructure demands while managing complex networks. They address the issues associated with managing users, virtual connections and security, and ensuring that the bandwidth and quality of service are always able to meet user needs.
“In a market where customers are increasingly looking to the cloud to simplify their infrastructure and reduce management costs, we see excellent growth opportunities for Cisco Meraki solutions.”