There's just a few days until lobbying for the 2016 PCR Awards closes, so nominate your company now.
With five new awards up for grabs - and 24 in total - here’s how to make sure your company is in the running for an accolade.
How to lobby
Simply email PCR editor Dominic Sacco and mention the award(s) you’d like to be considered for.
You can include a brief document (max 500 words) on why your company should be considered for these awards. Please feel free to include a list of achievements your company has made over the past 12 months, with any sales increases, marketing info, images and stats you feel necessary to support your nomination. We will also take on board any lobbying or recommendations you want to make for a partner or competitor, or a company you just admire.
This information will be passed to our new judging panel and a small summary will be printed in our PCR Awards finalists supplement. Our panel of judges will consider innovation, knowledge, product/company desirability, range and merchandising (if applicable), channel relationships, marketing activity, sales performance and customer service/satisfaction.
You must fit the award criteria (see below) and have operations in the UK PC trade to lobby yourself for a particular award.
The final deadline for entries is Monday December 14th, after which we will announce the finalists. The judges will then vote for the winners in the New Year.
A new channel services category has been added to the PCR Awards, bringing the total number of awards up for grabs to 24.
- System Builder – Any national system builder that makes custom PCs/laptops, whether channel-focused or shipping direct to consumer.
- Independent Retailer – Any bricks and mortar computer retailer, or firm involved in the support and repair of PCs, with five stores or fewer. If the firm builds its own-brand systems and sells them nationally or internationally, it should enter the System Builder category.
- National Retailer – Any bricks and mortar computer or technology retailer with more than five stores.
- Reseller – Any reseller, VAR or system integrator.
- Online Retailer – Any computer or technology retailer focused predominantly on etail.
- Dealer Services Provider – Any buying group or other third-party service provider.
- Analyst – Any IT industry analyst firm that offers market intelligence and other services.
- Marketing/PR Agency – Any PR or marketing agency with clients in the B2C or B2B tech/IT channel.
- Software Distributor – Any distributor that specialises in or has a large non-games software offering.
- PC Gaming & Hardware Distributor – Any distributor that specialises in or has a large PC hardware and/or software game offering.
- Components Distributor – Any distributor that specialises in or has a large components offering.
- Peripherals Distributor – Any distributor that specialises in or has a large peripherals offering.
- Consumer Electronics Distributor – Any distributor that specialises in or has a large consumer electronics offering.
- Marketing & PR – The communications arm of any IT distributor.
- Service & Support – Any distribution firm that has an outstanding level of customer service.
- Distributor of the Year – Any distribution firm that has performed exceptionally well in the last 12 months.
- Software Publisher – Any firm that publishes business-focused computer software such as accounting tools and other professional software, or utility software such as security programs. This includes cloud-based software.
- Peripherals Vendor – Any firm that produces peripherals, such as mice, keyboards and headsets.
- Components Vendor – Any vendor that makes components, for example hard drives, GPUs, CPUs etc.
- Desktop PC Vendor – Any firm that produces desktop computers, such as traditional towers or small form factor PCs.
- Mobile Device Vendor – Any firm that produces mobile computing devices, such as tablets, notebooks or wearables.
- Networking Vendor – Any firm that produces networking hardware, including NAS drives and routers.
- Service & Support – Any vendor that has an outstanding level of customer service.
The winner of the Grand Prix award is chosen entirely by the PCR team, and is given to a company which has had an exceptional year. It cannot be lobbied for.
Remember, to be in the running for the award (or awards) relevant to you, simply email Dominic Sacco, telling us which awards you’d like to be considered for, and include a brief document on why you’re nominating your company with a list of achievements from the past 12 months.
There are a host of partner packages available for PCR Awards 2016. To find out more and to discuss the partnership opportunities available, please contact Jennie Lane at firstname.lastname@example.org or Sarah Goldhawk at email@example.com, or call 01992 535647.
Confirmed partners so far include Entatech as headline partner, Exertis as after-show party host, Frontline category partner BullGuard, gold partners AOC and Centerprise, with Qsan signed up as event partner.
Don’t forget your tickets
The PCR Awards is always a popular event, so we recommend you book your tables and tickets early. The Awards take place on Thursday March 10th 2016 at the Royal Garden Hotel in Kensington.
Entry is available through single seats or tables of ten.
To book your tickets, please visit www.pcr-awards.com