Vendor OKI Europe Ltd is celebrating its 30th year in the EMEA printer market.
Here's a look back at its top 13 milestones within that time:
• 1989: The launch of Europe’s first LED printers, the OL400 and OL800
• 1990: OKI acquires Technitron – one of the biggest European multinational distributors
• 1995: The OKIPage 4w, the world’s smallest printer with a footprint the size of a piece of A4 paper
• 1998: The OKIPage 8c, OKI’s first digital LED colour printer with print speeds two times faster than its competitors
• 1999: OKIFAX5750/5950 the world’s first real-time internet fax
• 2003: OKI C5000 Series - a portfolio of small workgroup colour printers
• 2004: OKI C3000 Series - bringing desktop colour to European users
• 2005: C5500 MFP the world’s first A4 colour MFP
• 2006: C8600 - Europe’s smallest A3 colour page printer at half the size and half the price of its competitors
• 2009: OKI Europe introduces the industry’s first standard three-year warranty
• 2012: C711WT and C920WT - the world’s first digital LED White Toner Printers
• 2013: ES9541 – the industry’s first digital LED 5 colour A3 Printer is launched, followed by the OKI MB700/MC700 with embedded open platform and Smart Managed Document Solutions, OKI Europe’s MPS programme
• 2014: Launch of the Shinrai Partner Programme, OKI’s first pan-European partner programme
The anniversary was celebrated by OKI employees from across the EMEA region who came together in Athens to mark the occasion. OKI’s partner in Greece, CPI, was also honoured for its 25-year partnership with OKI.
Today, OKI has offices in 23 European countries and operates in 60 countries within EMEA. The first office in the region was established in 1984 in Dusseldorf, Germany.
“We are incredibly proud of OKI’s significant contribution to the EMEA printer market over the last 30 years and the major product breakthroughs we have achieved,” said Terry Kawashima, MD for OKI Europe Ltd.
“Our continued roadmap of innovation and strong European partner links have been fundamental to our success and will doubtless help us to accomplish our vision for future growth.”