PCR rounds up some of the latest and greatest products newly announced, launched or arriving soon.
Facebook VR camer
Facebook has unveiled a 360-degree virtual reality camera (pictured) which can record videos to be viewed through VR headsets like the Oculus Rift.
While it won't actually be selling the camera directly, anybody can use the design to build their own.
Don't be surprised to see these cameras at live events such as sports matches and gigs in the future. Facebook made it clear when it bought Oculus a few years back that it planned to enable VR experiences at live events, outside of gaming.
Shuttle 4K mini PC
Shuttle Inc,the Small Form Factor (SFF) specialist, has announced the launch of its newest XPC cube, the 13-liter SH110R4.
This compact PC supports Intel's new 6th generation Core (Skylake) processing technology, 4K Ultra HD visuals and is designed to be used for home computing, office computing, or gaming.
The SH110R4 is available at Ebuyer, CCL Computers, iCubes, Ambros and Ballicom. Shuttle's MSRP for the SH110R4 is £172.
Amazon has introduced the Kindle Oasis - the eighth generation of Kindle - crafted from the ground up for readers, with a new thin and light design, plus an included charging cover that delivers months of battery life.
Kindle Oasis is available for pre-order today for $289.99 and will start shipping in the coming weeks. For more info visit www.amazon.com/kindleoasis.
Jeff Bezos, Amazon.com Founder and CEO, said: "We want Kindle to disappear, and Kindle Oasis is the next big step in that mission. It's the most advanced Kindle we've ever built - thin and ultra-lightweight - it gets out of the way so you can lose yourself in the author's world."
Arctic is pushing its Liquid Freezer 120/240 (pictured) and Accelero Hybrid III 120/140 products.
The former are silent CPU coolers, boasting outstanding CPU cooling performance through a water cooling solution with two F12 PWM PST fans, a 49mm deep radiator and efficient water pump.
The latter combine a water cooling solution for the GPU with a 120mm or 240mm radiator, an upgraded backplate for lower RAM temperatures and a VRM heat sink with 80mm fan.
The Liquid Freezer 120 is £60.99, Liquid Freezer 240 is £69.99, Accelero Hybrid III-120 is £85.99 and Accelero Hybrid III-140 is £92.99. The products are available from distributor Entatech.
SanDisk InfiniFlash IF150
SanDisk has introduced an upgraded all-flash storage platform with the introduction of the InfiniFlash IF150 system, the latest addition to its InfiniFlash family, in a bid to transform datacentres around the world.
The new IF150 brings twice the performance via upgraded 12Gbps SAS connectivity, and the same capacity to big data and hyperscale workloads as the previous generation of InfiniFlash.
New Acer tablet and projectors
The Acer Iconia Tab 10 is designed for advanced audio, visual and entertainment performance, with Quadio front-facing speakers, a 'Precision Plus' touchscreen, micro HDMI output and wireless display capability.
Prices start from £179.99 and the product will be available in the UK from June.
On the projector side, the Acer P6200S (from £999.99), P6500 (from £1,499.99) and P6600 (from £1,749.99) are now available in the UK. All are for professional use in both large and small conference rooms.
IP telephony encryption solution Yutel ConfidentialGateway
This uptime and secure end-to-end encryption solution is not just for IP desktop mounted phone systems, but also smartphones and mobiles.
The Yutel ConfidentialGateway server provides zero latency, 100 per cent secure call routing (with encryption being generated on the fly) which has the extra benefit of the IP phone system, connected to the Youtel ConfidentialGateway of not being traced, ever.
Ideal for companies and government departments of any size, the Yutel solution is recommended for installers, system integrators and IT managers to 'bolt' on this ConfidentialGateway to new or existing IP phone systems from vendors such as Cisco, Nortel and Aviya, for example.
Available client solutions range from around £1,000 per annum and can be tailored to a customer's business requirements.
For more info, email email@example.com.
- Toshiba Europe's Storage Peripherals Division will shortly be expanding its range of 2.5-inch HDDs with a slim-line drive that allows users to add 500 GB of internal storage to notebooks and gaming consoles.
- Micron Technology has announced a new portfolio of PCIe solid state drives (SSDs) that leverage the NVMe protocol. The new Micron 9100 and 7100 PCIe SSDs provide data center customers with purpose-built storage products.
- HP Enterprise has launched its ProLiant Easy Connect Managed Hybrid server - a product designed to cater to the specific needs of small and mid-sized businesses (SMBs).
- With 50 per cent longer battery life, an improved viewing screen, more performance from less power, improved communications and the latest Windows 10 Pro operating system, the Panasonic Toughbook CF-D1 mk3 rugged tablet has launched
- Kingston Digital, the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, has announced two new hardware encrypted USB Flash drives that can be managed with SafeConsole by DataLocker: DataTraveler 4000G2 with Management and DataTraveler Vault Privacy 3.0 with Management
- Epson has developed and begun shipping samples of three new models in the company's S1C17W series of low-power 16-bit microcontrollers with on-chip Flash memory. The new models are the S1C17W34, S1C17W35, and S1C17W36. Epson plans to produce 200,000 units per month of each model when volume production beings in October 2016.