LG’s new flagship LTE device will be available in Korea next week, but UK consumer will have to wait until 2013 to get their hands on one.
LG announced the launch of the Optimus G today, and revealed that it will go on sale in Korea next week followed by key global markets in October, but an LG spokesperson told The Inquirer: "The LG Optimus G will be available in Europe from Q1 2013. European customer and country availability will be announced later this year."
LG’s Optimus G doesn’t solely enable multi-tasking but “cross-tasking” of activities without limitations. If multi-tasking applies to running various applications at the same time, cross-tasking applies to complex tasks that can be completed simultaneously without having to compromise other tasks. Some new users experience features that will be included into the Optimus G to showcase its cross-tasking capabilities are:
• QSlide Function shows two different screens simultaneously on one display.
• Live Zooming enhances the video-watching experience as users can zoom in up to five times while the video is being streamed.
• Dual Screen Dual Play not only allows mirroring between the smartphone and a TV, it also has the ability to display different content on each screen wirelessly.
• QuickMemo allows users to write, draw, or jot a memo with their finger directly on the captured screen for sharing instantly with others as an attachment or a URL.
• Screen Zooming allows for the zooming in and out of lists in music player, email, text messages and photo gallery.
• Application Link launches preset applications (email, calendar, weather, etc) when the alarm is turned off.
• Icon Personalizer allows users the ability to customise icons by editing size and adding images so the most frequently used apps can be most easily accessible.
The Optimus G has a 13MP camera featuring a number of functions, including:
• Smart Shutter senses camera vibration or the movement of the subject and adjusts the shutter speed for the best shot.
• Time Catch Shot enables the user to choose the best among various shots taken before the shutter button is pressed.
• Cheese Shutter takes photos easily with voice activation command just by saying cheese, kimchi, smile or even LG.
• Low Light Shot Noise Reduction employs a light monitoring system and activates when the camera is used in a low-light situation for the least amount of noise.
Other specs include:
• Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro processor with 1.5GHz Quad-Core Krait CPUs and LTE
• Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
• 4.7-inch WXGA True HD IPSPlus (1280 x 768 pixels) / 15:9 ratio
• 32GB Memory
• 2GB DDR RAM
• 15 hours talk time/ 335 hours standby
• Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi, USB2.0 HS, A-GPS, MHL and DLNA, NFC
Want to receive up-to-the-minute tech news straight to your inbox? Then click here to sign up for the completely free PCR Daily Digest and Newsflash email services. You can also follow PCR on Twitter and Facebook.