A number of tech firms were recognised as part of the 2015 Red Dot Design Awards.
It was the 60th anniversary of the awards, and received 4,928 entries from 56 different countries. A jury of 38 international experts trawled through the entries to pick the 81 winners.
Among the winners were a number of global tech companies from consumer electronics and cameras vendors to communication, computers and information technology organisations.
Here is a run down of the Red Dot Best of the Best winners:
Consumer electronics and cameras
- Lecia Camera AG for its Lecia T camera
- Sony Corp for the LSPX-W1 4k ultra short throw projector
- LG, for the OLED Flexible 77EG9900 TV
- Ruwido Austria Gmbh for the Leaf remote control
- Blackmagic Design Ply Ltd for Blackmagic studio digital film camera
- Cisco Systems Inc for its Cisco TelePresence IX5000 video conferencing system
- BlackBerry for the BlackBerry Passport smartphone
- Sony Mobile Communications for the Xperia E3 smartphone
Computers and information technology
- Blackmagic Design Ply Ltd Cintel digital film scanner
- Dell Inc for its Dell UltraSharp 34 computer monitor
- HP for the HP Colour LaserJet Enterprise M553 printer
Dr Peter Zec, Founder and CEO of the Red Dot Awards, said: “Innovation is not always visible with the naked eye. Often it is hidden aspects, such as a refined technology inside the product or an improved combination of materials that constitute a lucid and sometimes brilliant new development.
“They are completely deserving of their reward, which permits them to use the globally recognised seal of good design.”