The consumer electronics unit of C2000 – Triade – has signed an exclusive agreement to distribute BenQ’s range of digital cameras in the UK and Ireland.
This includes the new BenQ G1, which claims to be the world’s slimmest F1.8 swivel-screen digital camera.
Adam Gay, commercial manager CE for Triade, said: “This is an exciting opportunity for retailers. The BenQ portfolio offers something for everyone, from rugged, high-zoom cameras to high-aperture, feature-rich models."
The G1 has an aspherical lens element that the firm says improves focus and image integrity, while the high contrast screen offers a sharp, clear picture for faithful presentation of images.
“Optical technology is making continuous advancement at BenQ. It is an exciting day today for us to introduce G1, the world’s slimmest F1.8 bright lens swivel-screen camera,” commented Peter Chen, EVP and general manager of BenQ Technology Product Center. “Everyone at BenQ who worked on G1 showed great devotion to providing our customers a total imaging solution, and have proudly equipped this camera with an abundance of functions and features, hopeful of bringing joy to our valued customers. It offers a wide array of choices for their photography needs, without compromising on the quality.”
An all-in-one mode dial on the G1 should make it easy for users to switch between features such as ‘Handheld night shot,’ ‘Background defocus,’ ‘Filter,’ ‘Scene mode,’ and more. Here's what each one does, according to BenQ:
- ‘Handheld Night Shot’ allows users to capture the night without using a tripod. This is made possible as this feature makes 6 exposures of the image into one single photograph each time the shutter button is pressed. On G1, this is further helped with ‘Exclusive Image Registration’ and ‘Ghost Image Removal’ technologies to deliver clear pictures.
- The ‘Background Defocus’ mimics the hallmarks of a professional-level DSLR camera to create attractive and natural background blurs. The soft bokeh effect is simulated as G1 automatically captures two shots with different depth of field and layers them together, so users will have perfect compositions without the need for expensive lenses.
- People with active lifestyle are usually full of actions. Ever missed the perfect shot by a few milliseconds? Use the ‘Continuous Burst’ and get 6 full resolution shots in one second and hold onto the shutter for continuous bursts. Capture every single precious moment and never miss the perfect shot again!
- Under the ‘Filter’ feature, BenQ G1 provides ‘MagiQ filter’ creating dream-like and surreal images – like magic, with a touch of intensity; ‘HDR-art’ to automatically adjust the strength of contrasts, creating a stunning artistic image; whilst ‘Oil painting’ and ‘Sketch’ lets users explore the conventional artists within themselves; and ‘Color accent’ to emphasize one of the colors within an image – be it the lips of a love one or a simple scenery in the marketplace.
- ‘Scene Mode’ provides 20 scene selections to the users, including ‘Lomo, ‘Fisheye’, ‘Toy’ and ‘360° Panorama’ – Be it instant access from pre-set modes or manual mode from ‘P/Av/Tv/M mode’ with 14 aperture choices – It is perfect for telling a photographic story in a personal way. BenQ believes that complexity does not have to be included in the fun of manual photography.
The G1 is available now from Triade.
Want to receive up-to-the-minute tech news straight to your inbox? Then click here to sign up for the completely free PCR Daily Digest and Newsflash email services. You can also follow PCR on Twitter and Facebook.