Synology has announced the official global launch of the DiskStation DS1819+ and the RackStation RS1619xs+.
The new DiskStation is an 8-bay desktop NAS providing “outstanding performance with great expandability, ready to grow as your business thrives”.
"This is a compact NAS with an expandable design that can be an ideal investment for small to medium-sized businesses, especially when capable of hosting versatile applications," said Kevin Meng, product manager of Synology.
"As an updated 8-bay desktop NAS in the Plus family, DS1819+ provides a performance increase of over 57% in sequential reading compared to its predecessor, making it more than capable of being just a file server or backup target to satisfy various business requirements with its all-inclusive built-in applications."
DS1819+ specs include:
– Processor: Intel C3538 quad-core, 2.1 GHz
– Memory: 4GB DDR4 pre-installed, upgradable up to 32GB
– Storage: up to 216TB raw capacity with two expansion units
– Performance: delivering sequential throughput at over 2,045 MB/s reading and 656 MB/s writing
– Fulfils Intensive Workload with PCIe Expansion
– Supports 10GbE add-on card: to break through the data transmission bandwidth.
– Supports M.2 SSD adapter card: to boost random IOPS with M.2 NVMe/SATA SSD cache.
– Built-in four Gigabit Ethernet ports: support failover and Link Aggregation.
Synology has also launched a new RackStation, a 1U 4-bay rackmount NAS featuring flexible storage scalability and M.2 SSD support. It is designed to deal with IO-intensive tasks for growing businesses.
"Equipped with feature-rich collaboration applications, RS1619xs+ is ideal for small- and medium-sized businesses to improve collaboration efficiency," said Michael Wang, product manager at Synology.
"Flexible upgrade options, such as high-performance network adapters, M.2 SSD cache, and storage capacity expansion, allow RS1619xs+ to grow with business needs in different phases."
Key features of RS1619xs+ include:
– Quad-core CPU and expandable DDR4 memory up to 64GB
– Optional 10GbE network adapter brings excellent sequential reading performance of over 1,523 MB/s
– Built-in dual M.2 2280 SSD cache slots boost system random IO performance with NVMe/SATA SSDs
– Expandable storage capacity up to 224TB with one Synology expansion unit RX1217/RX1217RP
Entries for the 2019 PCR Awards are now open. Submit your entries here before Dec 10th for a chance to win!