Kensington’s new SD5700T Thunderbolt 4 Dual 4K Docking Station with 90W PD is a featured Thunderbolt accessory for Intel Evo platform-verified laptops.
This is the ultimate high-performance, plug-and-play solution for maximising user’s computing experience of Intel Evo platform-verified laptops. The SD5700T transforms the laptop into a complete desktop workstation by enabling users to charge the laptop, and connect external monitors, USB devices, a full-sized keyboard and mouse, speakers, Ethernet, and other devices and accessories, all through a single Thunderbolt cable.
Features and benefits of SD5700T Thunderbolt 4 Docking Station include:
- Thunderbolt 4 Technology – The plug-and-play SD5700T enables users to connect up to three additional Thunderbolt devices directly (up to five in total) with maximum data transfer speeds of 40Gbps for data and video.
- Single 8K or Dual 4K Video Output – Connect external monitors (single 8K @ 30Hz or dual 4K @ 60Hz) and extend visual productivity with the crisp resolution, contrast and depth of Ultra HD.
- 90W Power Delivery – The fully-powered docking station quickly and easily charges Intel Evo platform-verified laptops (or any Thunderbolt 4-enabled Windows 10 laptop or Thunderbolt 3-enabled MacBook running MacOS 11 or later) and provides full support for USB-C or USB 4 peripheral accessories.
- Future-Proof Desktop Solution – Eleven ports of connectivity include four Thunderbolt 4 ports (all capable of data, video and audio), four USB-A ports, one gigabit Ethernet port, one audio combo jack, and one ultra-fast UHS-II SD 4.0 card reader.
- Zero-Footprint Mounting Option and Security Cable Lock Slots – Optional mounting bracket (K34050WW) enables users to mount the dock out of the way, maximising desktop space and reducing cable clutter. Lock slots allow users to protect the SD5700T dock from theft with a Kensington cable lock (K65020EU or K64444WW).
- Free Kensington DockWorks™ Software and Three-Year Warranty – DockWorks WiFi
Auto-Switch guarantees the fastest, most reliable internet connection, while MAC Address ID Pass-Through and Reset, and Device Connection Monitoring give IT managers maximum network monitoring and visibility.
“Kensington is proud of our ongoing relationship with Intel as we work closely together to continue to develop products and solutions that enhance the productivity and experience of users of Thunderbolt technology,” said Ben Thacker, Vice President and General Manager at Kensington. “The SD5700T enables users to take full advantage of the ultra-fast data transfer speeds delivered through Thunderbolt 4 technology on the Intel Evo laptops to create a complete, high-performance desktop workcentre.”
“Simple, reliable, high-performance Thunderbolt accessories such as Kensington’s SD5700T Thunderbolt 4 Docking Station maximise the overall experience for users of Intel Evo platform-verified laptops,” said Jason Ziller, General Manager, Client Connectivity Division at Intel. “We support our accessory partners to provide great solutions that customers want and need.”
Read the latest edition of PCR’s monthly magazine below: