New research commissioned by Zoom from Boston Consulting Group (BCG) has outlined the economic impact of remote work and video communications solutions during the pandemic.
The report, The Impact of Video Communications during COVID-19, focuses on what industries were able to pivot their business processes using communications technologies, across sectors including healthcare, education, technology and professional services. It also examines the future of work and how we can enable the ‘everywhere workforce’.
Key findings for the UK reveal:
- 46% of organisations expect over a third of employees to work remotely after the pandemic
- 57% of organisations expect approximately half of employees to use video conferencing after the pandemic
- 73% of organisations agree that their company is considering a flexible remote working modeldue to successful remote collaboration through video conferencing tools
- Over 87% of organisations claim that video conferencing tools will continue to be essential for business operations beyond the pandemic
- The education sector saw the greatest increase in remote work (3.3x) and use of video conferencing solutions (3.5x) during the pandemic
Read the latest edition of PCR’s monthly magazine below: