Lenovo has announced the new ThinkBook Plus Gen 2 i and ThinkBook 13x i, ThinkBook 14p Gen 2 and ThinkBook 16p Gen 2.
The latest in the line of ThinkBook laptops feature 16:10 aspect ratio displays with Dolby Vision HDR imaging and Dolby Atmos support on select models, TÜV Rheinland Eyesafe Display Certification and the introduction of the latest generation NVIDIA GeForce graphics on the ThinkBook 16p opens up a world of content creation, editing and entertainment.
ThinkBook Plus Gen 2 has been enhanced in almost every area. Key improvements include:
- The e-Ink display has increased from 48% screen-to-body (STB) ratio to 68% offering a larger 12-inch usable area and resolution of that top cover display has been increased to match the 2560×1600 resolution of the main display.
- Performance has been improved with a better refresh rate and the e-Ink User Interface (UI) has been rethought and redesigned to provide a more intuitive access to most used information, now with flexible options to run productivity apps without having to open the lid.
- The new thinner (13.9mm) and lighter (1.3kg) model transitions to new 16:10 low blue light displays which also sees the STB ratio increase from 78% to nearly 90% for a virtually edge-to-edge screen experience.
- Touch interaction has been improved with a new garaged pen that will automatically launch select applications for greater usability.
- Connectivity includes Intel Thunderbolt 4 ports, Wi-Fi 6 and a new optional ThinkBook Charging Mat, powered by Energysquare’s Power by Contact technology, can wirelessly recharge the larger battery that provides up to 15 hours of charge, or up to 24 hours when using the e-Ink display only.
The compact ThinkBook 13x i, available in Storm Gray or Cloud Gray, is one of the slimmest laptops available at just 13-inch and weighing less than 1.2kg. This sleek laptop shares all of the ThinkBook Plus Gen 2 i attributes, except the e-Ink display, including Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos and Thunderbolt 4 ports. Designed on Intel Evo platform and powered by low power 11th Gen Intel Core Processors, ThinkBook Plus Gen 2 i and 13x i can deliver excellent speed and intelligence while maintaining outstanding battery life3. Adding Wi-Fi 61 fast speed wireless LAN and a 53-watt hour battery means users can adapt to most situations in and out of their primary workspaces.
Power to the User
ThinkBook 16p Gen 2
Powered by up to the latest AMD Ryzen 9 5000 H Series Mobile Processors, ThinkBook 14p and 16p will appeal to power users who enjoy video conferencing optimised laptops through the optional Full HD webcam protected by ThinkShutter physical covers, a larger Touchpad and a ambient light sensing backlit keyboard that includes quick access conference calling keys. The laptops also feature smart functions designed to further enhance collaboration experiences. An AI-based noise cancellation algorithm will suppress ambient noise and users can easily switch audio modes between Private mode for personal conferencing, Shared mode for group calling or Environmental mode when a user wishes to share sounds from other devices.
ThinkBook 14p – Dual-tone finish
ThinkBook 14p is thin and light (16.9mm and 1.4kg) and can be configured with up to 14-inch 2.8K OLED display with VESA DisplayHDR True Black standard. ThinkBook 16p will be available with optional next generation NVIDIA GeForce RTX discrete graphics to complement AMD Ryzen processing power and deliver a high-performance laptop with a 16-inch 2560×1600 display that can accelerate creative work including ray tracing, AI and high-resolution video. For true colour accuracy and consistency, ThinkBook 16p can also be configured with a pre-calibrated display that is X-Rite Pantone certified.
Finally, to help business users be even more efficient with these PCs, Lenovo Vantage software will receive several updates over the next few months, some of which are specific to SMB users that specify within the app that their device will be used for “Work.” New features include the addition of dedicated pages, like the Meeting Manager and Creator Center, within Vantage to help users better configure their device settings for online meetings and creative work and applications. This update also sees an expansion of recently launched Vantage Smart Performance Services to global markets, granting more users access to one-click scans, fixes for malware and zero-day virus removal, for all-in-one PC performance, maintenance and security. And with new progressive web app caching that loads Vantage in mere seconds5, you’ll be able to access all of these new and existing Vantage features faster, no matter where you are in the world.
Read the latest edition of PCR’s monthly magazine below: