Zoom Video Communications, Inc. has announced financial results for Q3 2020.
“Strong demand and execution led to revenue growth of 367% year-over-year with solid growth in non-GAAP operating income and cash flow in our third fiscal quarter, said Zoom founder and CEO, Eric S. Yuan. “We expect to strengthen our market position as we finish the fiscal year with an increased total revenue outlook of approximately $2.575 billion to $2.580 billion for fiscal year 2021, or approximately 314% increase year-over-year.”
Third Quarter Fiscal Year 2021 Financial Highlights:
- Revenue: Total revenue for the third quarter was $777.2 million, up 367% year-over-year.
- Income (Loss) from Operations and Operating Margin: GAAP income from operations for the third quarter was $192.2 million, compared to GAAP loss from operations of $1.7 million in the third quarter of fiscal year 2020. After adjusting for stock-based compensation expense and related payroll taxes, and acquisition-related expenses, non-GAAP income from operations for the third quarter was $290.8 million, up from $21.3 million in the third quarter of fiscal year 2020. For the third quarter, GAAP operating margin was 24.7% and non-GAAP operating margin was 37.4%.
- Net Income and Net Income Per Share: GAAP net income attributable to common stockholders for the third quarter was $198.4 million, or $0.66 per share, compared to GAAP net income attributable to common stockholders of $2.2 million, or $0.01 per share in the third quarter of fiscal year 2020.Non-GAAP net income for the quarter was $297.2 million, after adjusting for stock-based compensation expense and related payroll taxes, acquisition-related expenses, and undistributed earnings attributable to participating securities. Non-GAAP net income per share was $0.99. In the third quarter of fiscal year 2020, non-GAAP net income was $25.2 million, or $0.09 per share.
- Cash: Total cash, cash equivalents, and marketable securities, excluding restricted cash, as of October 31, 2020 was $1.9 billion.
- Cash Flow: Net cash provided by operating activities was $411.5 million for the third quarter, compared to $61.9 million in the third quarter of fiscal year 2020. Free cash flow, which is net cash provided by operating activities less purchases of property and equipment, was $388.2 million, compared to $54.7 million in the third quarter of fiscal year 2020.
Customer Metrics: Drivers of total revenue included acquiring new customers and expanding across existing customers. At the end of the third quarter of fiscal year 2021, Zoom had:
- Approximately 433,700 customers with more than 10 employees, up approximately 485% from the same quarter last fiscal year.
- 1,289 customers contributing more than $100,000 in trailing 12 months revenue, up approximately 136% from the same quarter last fiscal year.
- A trailing 12-month net dollar expansion rate in customers with more than 10 employees above 130% for the 10th consecutive quarter.
Financial Outlook: Zoom is providing the following guidance for its fourth quarter fiscal year 2021 and its full fiscal year 2021. Zoom’s revenue outlook takes into consideration the demand for remote work solutions for businesses. It also assumes increased churn in the fourth quarter when compared to historic churn levels due to a higher percentage of customers who purchased monthly subscriptions.
- Fourth Quarter Fiscal Year 2021: Total revenue is expected to be between $806.0 million and $811.0 million and non-GAAP income from operations is expected to be between $243.0 million and $248.0 million. Non-GAAP diluted EPS is expected to be between $0.77 and $0.79 with approximately 306 million non-GAAP weighted average shares outstanding.
- Full Fiscal Year 2021: Total revenue is expected to be between $2.575 billion and $2.580 billion. Non-GAAP income from operations is expected to be between $865.0 million and $870.0 million. Non-GAAP diluted EPS is expected to be between $2.85 and $2.87 with approximately 300 million non-GAAP weighted average shares outstanding.
- Read the latest edition of PCR’s monthly magazine below:Like this content? Sign up for the free PCR Daily Digest email service to get the latest tech news straight to your inbox. You can also follow PCR on Twitter and Facebook.