Ivanti has announced new capabilities for its Unified Endpoint Manager and User Workspace Manager.
Unified Endpoint Manager 2020.1 Service Update 2 delivers timely innovations to support IT teams with greater granular control, regardless of where devices are being used and they automate security to mitigate risk exposure. New features support endpoints of all types, whether users are accessing company data on company-issued or non-issued devices, or operating using home, public or company networks.
“Our latest releases of Unified Endpoint Manager and User Workspace Manager further simplify the IT management experience while adding robust support for devices of all types, securing and controlling them no matter where and how they are accessing corporate data – all from a single and intuitive console. When combined with the hyper-automated Ivanti Neurons platform, these expanded solutions further enable the self-healing, autonomous edge,” said Alan Braithwaite, senior director, product management, Ivanti.
New Unified Endpoint Manager enhancements include:
- Patch automation and agentless vulnerability scanning help streamline endpoint protection to improve a company’s security posture, regardless of where users are working.
- MacOS and iOS management enhancements give admins more control, featuring iOS Portal, Apple Business Manager Apps and Books in the Portal, ability to Enable and Remove Activation Lock, iOS device QR code MDM enrolment, ability to reset EPM Agent using a MDM Package and simplified the Apple Push Notification Service (APNS) support.
- Remote control updates now include full-screen capability and Alt+Tab keyboard switching between applications for a better service experience for remote and distributed workers.
- Improved remote Linux management and agent settings enable admins to remotely manage Linux devices without requiring a VPN. Additional features include the ability to schedule inventory, manage software distribution and integrate with Ivanti Patch Manager.
- Enhanced Modern Device Management (MDM) simplifies the MDM user interface and end user enrolment process across Android, MacOS and iOS devices.
Ivanti User Workspace Manager 2020.2 has also been enhanced to deliver a more ambient Windows experience for users, wherever they may be working. Building on core User Workspace Manager capabilities, the enhanced solution offers new features to enhance digital workspace management in the areas of user personalisation, application control, privilege management and file and data synchronisation.
New enhancements in Ivanti User Workspace Manager include:
- A Windows Start Menu Designer, Windows Settings sync over VPN, and on-demand Windows 10 privilege elevation capabilities to enhance the user experience.
- A URL re-Direction for Edge Browser, authenticated web-proxy support, OneDrive Delta API support, and File Director administration tools to increase functionality for IT teams.
Ivanti Unified Endpoint Manager and User Workspace Manager updates are available now. To further enhance IT outcomes, these solutions may be used with the Ivanti Neurons platform which features hyper-automation bots to self-heal and self-secure devices and provide proactive support for better user experiences.
Read the latest edition of PCR’s monthly magazine below: