NETGEAR’s latest network switch technology is designed for home and small office setups upgrades in the shift towards continued remote working.
“I really think that technology is transformative,” said Doug Cheung, NETGEAR SMB Product Line Manager, speaking on episode two of the Switched on Thinking podcast. “Do we still have to work from nine to five? Do we need to have employees come to the same location, Monday through Friday? I think these are questions that businesses big and small are actively working on. Work from home is here to stay. It’s only a matter of how we make it work for both the employer and the employee.”
Step up to a better network experience
Installing new unmanaged switches is a simple solution that improves network performance. NETGEAR 300 Series Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switches are plug-and-play, and can expand network connections to multiple devices, instantly. This makes them ideal for home offices that require reliable, high-speed connections for workstations, servers, NAS storage, PCs and more.
A cost-effective five-port Gigabit switch, such as the NETGEAR GS305E, is ideal for small home offices. Connected to your router or modem it provides four additional wired connections at gigabit speeds, while also providing essential business networking features such as VLANs,
QoS, and IGMP Snooping.
Feel the power of Ethernet
For small or home office environments where multiple people need supporting with business-grade networks, the NETGEAR GS308P is an ideal solution. In addition to offering eight gigabit network ports, the GS308P also supports Power over Ethernet (PoE), with a 53W total power budget. This means that in addition to essential office workstations and servers, IP security cameras, WiFi extenders and IP telephones can be added without needing to worry about the location of power outlets, or the additional expense of adding more sockets.
Benefits of NETGEAR plug-and-play unmanaged switches
- 10/100/1000 Mbps Gigabit Ethernet ports, up to 10x faster than Fast Ethernet for maximum performance.
- Sturdy metal case for reliable and quality installation.
- 3-year hardware warranty with technical support options.
- Auto-MDI/MDIX eliminates the need for crossover cables
- LED indicators for ease of use
- Energy-efficient technology for power savings
- Fanless design (except GS348)
- Auto-negotiation for automatic connection at the highest common speed between the switch and an end device
- Non-blocking switching architecture for maximum throughput at wire speed
- 802.1p QoS for traffic/frame prioritisation
- Plug-and-play. No setup required
- Durable and rugged metal case
- Desktop or wall-mountable (5, 8, 16-port models)
- Standards-based technology ensures interoperability with any standards-based devices in the existing network
Read the latest edition of PCR’s monthly magazine below: