We have arrived at PCR’s gaming special, where we look at the advancements in gaming gear and what opportunities this presents to the channel.
Most of you who are involved in gaming – whether that’s hardware, components or services – will be recovering from another exhaustive Gamescom, which took place in August. Whether you’re a vendor who made it out to the event to showcase your latest products, or a system builder who kept a beady eye on all the latest announcements throughout the week, there was a lot to take in.
As the name suggests, a show like Gamescom is focused largely on upcoming titles and news from games developers. With gameplay videos featuring Norman Reedus urinating in a field in highly-awaited game Death Stranding stealing a lot of the gaming news headlines, one could be forgiven for forgetting that, aside from the games themselves, Gamescom is a great place for gaming PC, peripheral and components brands to unveil new gear to the masses. And you can read more about those products in this issue.
Also on the gaming front, our big interview this month is with HyperX’s Julien Millet, who discusses the brand’s latest product releases and how it has found the sweet spot in the gaming headset market.
As well as all this, we have analysis and opinions throughout the mag to help you raise your game when it comes to making the most of this profitable and popular industry sector.
In this issue:
– The Big Interview: HyperX’s Julien Millet
– Industry Opinions from the likes of DSR Tax Claims, CMS Distribution, Netacea and The Juice Guru
– Gekko on tapping into the booming esports market
– Dealer Discussion: Is there still value in selling gaming gear?
– Gamescom 2019 product review
– BullGuard on gaming security
– Life in the Channel: Netgear’s Max Wu
– Retail Analysis: Advice on sustainability
– Crowdfunding Corner
– Sector Guides: Gaming peripherals, PCs and components
Read PCR’s Education Special below or at https://issuu.com/bizmediauk/docs/pcr_september_2019