Following from the reveal of the shortlist for the PCR Women of the Year Awards 2017, we are proud to announce the innagural winner of the Lifetime Achievement award: Code Club co-founder Clare Sutcliffe.
Setting up Code Club in 2012, Clare has helped introduce a generation of children to coding and programming without dumbing it down. Despite humble beginnings, in just five years more than 10,000 Code Clubs have been set up in over 100 countries, enabling hundreds of thousands of children aged 9-13 to have the opportunity to learn about computing in a way that was simply not possible in the past.
As well as being a driving force behind the growth of the clubs, Clare was instrumental in bringing major stakeholders like ARM and Google on board, and securing a partnership with the Raspberry Pi Foundation that goes on to this day.
In addition to her work with Code Club, Clare now also works as the executive director for communities and outreach for the Raspberry Pi Foundation. This involves her promoting the mission statement of both organisations, as they both look to encourage more children into STEM subjects and promote a greater level of diversity in the industry.
In recognition of her services to technology, Clare was awarded an MBE in 2015.
As an inspiring figure and role model to everyone in technology, Clare is the perfect recepient of the PCR Women of the Year Lifetime Achievement award.
Returning for its fourth year, the PCR Women of the Year awards are back and they are bigger than ever and we are now able to share the list of nominees across the seven categories.
Taking place on Friday November 17th at the Hamyard Hotel in London with headline partner Microsoft and Rising Star partner CompTIA, the awards will recognise and celebrate the achievements of women in UK tech.
Following on from the success of previous years, we have introduced two brand new categories for 2017, including the prestigious Lifetime Achievement Award – the recipient of which will be announced ahead of the event.
Tickets for the PCR Women of the Year Awards are available now.
Creative Marketeer Award:
- Sara Gamble, Junior Buyer, John Lewis
- Debbie Gomez, Microsoft Vendor Marketing Manager, Tech Data
- Hannah Harris, Marketing Manager, Tech Data Mobile
- Yvonne Hobden, PS Consumer Marketing Lead, HP Inc UK
- Lucy Lincoln, Senior Channel Marketing Manager, Bullguard
- Rachel Woollard, Marketing Executive, SeeLogic
PR Powerhouse Award:
- Sarah Chidgey, PR Consultant, The Honey Partnership
- Heather Delaney, Founder, Dynamo Communications
- Emma Lattimer, Communications Manager, TP-Link UK
Rising Star Award:
- Teresa Johnston, Retail Account Director, Tech Data
- Charlotte Lammin, Marketing Manager, BenQ
- Zara Pasalar, Global Programs Manager, Unify Enterprise Comms
- Melissa Rambridge, Head of Business Development & Marketing, Sweethaven
- Megan Warren, Marketing Executive, ComputerWorld
Sales Brilliance Award:
- Carly Chesire, LCD Product Manager, BenQ
- Georgie Ellis, Head of Cloud Sales, Westcoast
- Vicky Hanks, National Account Manager – Grocery, Epson
- Sarah Shields, VP and General Manager, Dell UK
- Lucy Spratley, Junior Buyer, John Lewis
- Angela Townsend, UK Sales Manager, Sharp
- Jane Wheeler, Reseller Sales Manager, Sennheiser
Business Mentor Award:
- Julie Chakraverty, Founder, Rungway
- Annika Fagerstrom, Head of Retail & Distribution, Epson
- Fiona Graham, Marketing Director, Exertis
- Julia Johansson, Marketing Director, CMS Distribution
- Louise Marshall, Infrastructure & Shared Services Director, Brothers UK
- Hayley Stedman, Account Manager, Beta Distribution
- Heidi Woodhouse, Managing Director, Dixons Travel and Concessions
Technical Excellence Award:
- Orla Cox, Director of Security Response, Symantec
- Emma Crawford, E-Business Manager, Tech Data
- Claire Poole, Head of Sales Administration, DMSL
- Becky Plummer, Senior Software Engineer, Bloomberg
- Kalima Toubal, Product Manager, WDC
PCR Woman of the Year:
- Elsa Chen, CEO, Entanet International
- Laura-Jane Franklin, Business Development Director, Centerprise International
- Chloe Harris-Williams, Buyer, John Lewis
- Louise Honeywill, Glass and AV Product Manager, Northamber