Here’s how to get ahead in the increasingly competitive B2B e-commerce market, with seven ways to optimise your B2B online sales.
1. Target your audience with verified business and consumer data
As corporate data grows 40% annually over the next decade, marketers need to get a handle on their data quality. It’s estimated anywhere between 10 and 25% of B2B marketing databases have errors, according to VentureBeat’s 2014 State of Marketing Report.
2. Grab their attention with strategically placed earned media coverage
About one in every four news consumers are influenced by content in news outlets, e.g. print and online media, when written by a brand, found Acquity Group’s 2015 Next Generation of Commerce Study.
3. Drive traffic through killer search engine optimization (SEO)
Forrester’s Interactive Marketing Forecast for 2011-2016 predicts that 26% of all advertising spending will come from interactive marketing. $33 billion of that spending will come through search.
4. Gain trust through strong product content management (PCM)
78% of consumers say quality product information online is very important when it comes to making a purchase decision, and 64% say the same for in store, as found in a new study by Shotfarm.
5. Build loyalty by providing a personalized customer experience
Nearly half (49%) of consumers are comfortable with retailers collecting personal info, in exchange for more personalized service, according to a past Cisco Customer Experience Research report.
6. Optimize your serviceability with a scalable e-commerce platform
87% of buyers prefer ordering from a company offering delivery transparency, as found by The Acquity Group 2015 Next Generation of Commerce Study.
7. Engage cutomers on social in real-time
98% of marketers report a positive impact to revenue from real-time marketing, with 89% of real-time marketers in agreement that they can easily tie these efforts to overall business goals, according to The 2015 Wayin Real-Time Marketing Report.
Image source: Shutterstock