GfK’s Carl West and Megan Moore talk about the latest product sectors, what’s growing and what’s in decline at PCR Boot Camp 2014.
Here’s some of the main points covered in the talk:
- Two years ago it was all doom and gloom. This year there is a big increase as consmers are spending more.
- Supersize TV screens are doing well, as are the soundbars and other accessories.
- Britian has gone mad for coffee machines. Start selling them.
- Tablets are in decline outside of promotion periods.
- The computing scene is recovering, with desktops and all-in-ones both growing over the past 6 months.
- 50-inch plus TVs are growing significantly.
- Two thirds of consumers have heard about wearables.
- Mobile shopping has grown. 59 oer cent use their tablet or smrtphone to do shopping.
- 46 per cent of consumers go on to a retail site via their smartphone in a month.
Follow @PCR_Online and use the hashtag #PCRBootCamp to keep track of the latest events and announcements as they happen throughout the day, and like us on Facebook to see images and news from the event.