Samsung has announced the availability of the Tizen SDK for its Gear 2 and Gear 2 Neo smartwatches, along with the first apps that are available on the devices.
The new smartwatches run Tizen OS rather than Android, which featured on the first Galaxy Gear smartwatch.
The Tizen SDK is available to download from the Tizen Developer website.
Samsung has more than 100 unique partnerships for the Gear 2 and Gear 2 Neo. Here are the first 23 app that have been announced for the wearable tech:
- Atooma: Atooma is a context-aware application which connects actions and tasks across your smartphone and Gear.
- Banjo: Banjo gives you access to the world’s largest collection of social posts indexed by location, time and content, right from your wrist.
- Dacadoo: Users can measure their current health and fitness status in real-time through a personal health score based on body composition, emotions, and overall lifestyle.
- EasilyDo: EasilyDo Smart Assistant is your very own personal assistant.
- Feedly: Feedly helps you uncover and curate information that you are interested in.
- Focus TRAINR: TRAINR uses Samsung Gear 2’s powerful motion sensors to create the world’s first personal trainer on your wrist.
- Glympse: Real-time and dynamic, Glympse is the easiest way to share your location with anyone using Samsung Gear 2.
- iHeartRadio: iHeartRadio provides users instant access to thousands of radio stations from across the country and allows listeners to create their own stations inspired by their favourite artists or songs.
- iwunta (Cloudwear): iwunta gathers nearby friends to join you in just one tap.
- Life360: Staying connected to your family on the go is easy with the new Samsung Gear 2 and Life360.
- Runtastic: Use Runtastic to track distance, speed, elevation, heart rate, pace, and calories burned during your fitness workout and view the data on the Samsung Gear 2’s easy-to-view screen – directly on your wrist.
- Sleep Genius: Sleep Genius is the world’s most scientifically advanced Sleep Programme and Revive Cycle Alarm.
- Spritz: Spritz offers innovative text-streaming technology that enables easy and efficient reading on the email application of the Samsung Gear 2.
- Strava: Strava connects you to a global community of athletes.
- Vivino: Vivino is every wine lover’s simple way to get instant information about a wine.
- CNN: Get CNN Breaking News alerts and follow the stories as they develop on you Samsung Gear 2.
- Conde Nast: A package of fitness programmes from SELF/Details that allows you to customise your workouts based on your goals and takes them to the gym with you.
- eBay: With eBay for Samsung Gear 2, you can stay on top or your most important eBay activity.
- Expedia: With Expedia, get the perfect travel information at the right time.
- Flick Dat: With Flick Dat, you can send business cards from Samsung Gear 2, anytime, anywhere.
- MapMyFitness(Under Armour): MapMyRun is a top-rated GPS tracking app that allows you to map your workouts, view your progress and share with friends on Samsung Gear 2.
- MyMusicCloud: MyMusicCloud lets you enjoy your music collection on Samsung Gear2 and all your other devices, online or offline.
- News Republic (Mobiles Republic): News Republic, the smarter way to read the news, brings over 900 trusted sources together intelligently.