Samsung has showcased a selection of brand new home and office products at its European Forum 2014 event in Spain.
Among the products announced were:
- The 78-inch U8500 Samsung Curved UHD TV, which the firm claims to be “the most curved TV in the world”. The 4K TV includes an Auto Depth Enhancer, which means viewers can experience a 3D-like effect without using glasses.
- Following the announcement of the U8500, Samsung also announced partnerships with media companies such as Netflix and the Vienna State Opera for UHD content. The company will also release a ‘UHD video pack’ service which will include UHD content delivered in partnership from film studies such as 20th Century Fox and Paramount.
- Moving into the kitchen, Samsung announced the WW9000 washer and ‘Food Showcase’ refrigerator – the latter of which has has redesigned internal storage and is said to make food last longer than a conventional fridge.
- Samsung unveiled a new range mono and multi-function printers which feature both NFC and Wi-Fi connectivity –the ProXpress M2880 series, as well as its series of colour laser printers and multi-function printers; the ProXpress C1860 series.
- The UHD UD590 monitor was shown off too, demonstrating its ability to display a billion colours – 64 times more than a standard monitor. It also includes UHD upscaling technology that converts low resolution content to UHD-level picture quality.
- For photo fans, Samsung will offer a brand new camera. The NX30 interchangeable-lens camera has an advanced 20.3 MP APS-C CMOS Sensor, tiltable electronic ciewfinder (EVF), a 1/8000 sec shutter speed and nine frames-per-second continuous shooting capability. Like Samsung’s line of printers, the NX30 features NFC and Wi-Fi capabilities, including the ‘Tag & Go’ function, which lets users tap to share photos.
Andy Griffiths, president of Samsung for UK and Ireland said: “Samsung is at the cutting edge of innovation. Our approach of combining deep consumer insight, engineering excellence, software innovation and clever design has made Samsung the global technology leader.”
“We are now operating in a market where the workforce is becoming more mobile, whilst populations and life spans are increasing. All this combined with environmental risks that are beyond our control, means that technology will need to work harder to connect the digital dots in the lives of consumers. Samsung is in the best position to meet these challenges with our broad product range, integrated development and manufacturing and large network of partners.”
Samsung also revealed that the Galaxy NotePro and TabPro tablets, which were previously revealed at CES, will come with approximately £420 worth of pre-paid, long-term subscription offers from news, social media and cloud storage providers including Bitcasa, Bloomberg Businessweek+, Blurb, Cisco WebEx Meetings, Dropbox, Easilydo Pro for Tablet, Evernote, Hancom Office for Android, LinkedIn, Livesport.TV, The NY Times, Oxford Advanced Learner’s A-Z, and Sketchbook Pro.
The Samsung Galaxy NotePro and TabPro tablet line will be released during early 2014, with UK pre-orders available from January 28th. For the first 300 customers who order the tablets from Samsung’s online eStore a free gamepad worth £89.99 will be included for free.
Samsung also announced that two Ativ PC products would be making their way to the European market in February.
The ATIV Book 9 2014 Edition is a slim, lightweight laptop with a 15.6-inch display. The screen offers a 20 percent brighter, 125 percent higher definition display than the previous generation of the Book 9 with wide viewing angles.
The ATIV One 7 2014 Edition instead has a 24-inch full HD screen with 178-degree viewing angles and anti-reflection. Surround sound audio is provided by Dolby Home Theatre.