Exertis is the new name given to the group of companies which includes distributors Exertis Gem, Exertis Micro-P and Exertis MSE.
Formerly known as DCC SerCom, the parent company is one of Europe’s largest and fastest-growing technology distribution, supply chain and specialist service providers.
The companies within the Exertis group have been renamed as listed below:
- In the UK, Advent Data becomes Exertis Advent, Gem becomes Exertis Gem, Micro-P becomes Exertis Micro-P and MSE becomes Exertis MSE
- In France, Banque Magnétique becomes Exertis Banque Magnétique and Comtrade becomes Exertis Comtrade
- In Ireland, Arc Telecom, MSE, Sharptext and SerCom Solutions become Exertis
- In the Netherlands, Belgium and Luxembourg, GO Connect becomes Exertis GO Connect
- Internationally, SerCom Solutions becomes Exertis Supply Chain Services and Ztorm becomes Exertis Ztorm
Each company and its customer/vendor accounts will continue to operate as usual.
"The key objective is to establish a single brand name that will be recognisable throughout Europe and internationally as the business continues to grow," read a statement.
"The new name is an important step in redefining Exertis’s position as one of the largest European technology distributors and specialist service providers, offering their partners access to a wider range of IT, communications and home entertainment products and specialist services which will help drive their businesses forward.
"The name ‘Exertis’ reflects our energy, drive, ambition and our commitment to going the extra mile and making things happen for our customer and vendor partners."
Exertis partners with 350 global technology brands, employs over 1,600 people and works with over 14,000 resellers, e-commerce operators and retailers across Europe. It has over 30 years of experience and had turnover of £1.8 billion in its most recent financial year.