LG had revealed the full specs for its Optimus G Pro smartphone, which will sport a 5.5-inch screen.
Announced just a few days before Mobile World Congress kicks off, LG has specified that the phone will debut in Korea this week, before heading to North America, Japan and other markets in Q2 2013.
The handset looks similar to its predecessor – the Optimus G – but features a larger 5.5-inch full HD IPS 1920 x 1080 display.
It also includes a 13MP back-facing camera and a 2.1MP front-facing one.
Powered by Android Jelly Bean, the Optimus G Pro is the first phone in the industry to run on the 1.7 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 600 processor from Qualcomm.
"The Optimus G Pro was developed specifically to deliver vivid and superb picture quality in a large display smartphone form factor," said Dr. Jong-seok Park, president and CEO of LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company. "We will continue to expand our position in the premium LTE smartphone segment with our superior display technology and unique user experience."
Those visiting Mobile World Congress 2013 will be able to get their hands on the Optimus G Pro at LG’s booth in Hall 3.
• Chipset: 1.7GHz Quad-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 Processor
• RAM: 2GB DDR
• Memory: 32GB / microSD (up to 32GB)
• Display: 5.5-inch Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels / 400ppi)
• Camera: Rear 13.0MP with LED Flash / Front 2.1MP
• OS: Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
• Battery: 3,140mAh (removable / wireless charging capable)
• Size: 150.2 x 76.1 x 9.4mm