Home / News / Samsung Galaxy S3 ‘explodes’ in Ireland
Samsung launches investigation into exploding phone

Samsung Galaxy S3 ‘explodes’ in Ireland

Samsung has begun an investigation into its newly released Galaxy S3 after claims that one handset exploded whilst charging in a users car.

In a statement Galaxy comment: “There have been recent online posts displaying pictures of a Samsung Galaxy S3 that appears to have heat-related damage at the bottom of the device. Samsung is aware of this issue and will begin investigating as soon as we receive the specific product in question.

“Once the investigation is complete, we will be able to provide further details on the situation. We are committed to providing our customers with the safest products possible and are looking at this seriously.”

The owner posted a series of pictures on an Irish forum under the username dillo2k10 stating: “Driving along today with my Galaxy S3 in my car mount when suddenly a white flame, sparks and a bang came out of the phone.”

The unlucky individual then went on to say that the phone had burned from the inside out. It burnt through the plastic and melted the owner’s case to the phone.

After posting information about the incident and failing to get a replacement phone from the Carphone Warehouse, dillo2k10 was contacted by Samsung directly and received a new Galaxy S3 along with some other freebies.

Want to receive up-to-the-minute tech news straight to your inbox? Then click here to sign up for the completely free PCR Daily Digest and Newsflash email services. You can also follow PCR on Twitter and Facebook.

Check Also

Data breach expert joins Keller Lenkner UK

Kingsley Hayes, data breach and cybercrime specialist, has joined Keller Lenkner UK as head of …