The cream of the IT channel gathered at the Royal Garden Hotel in Kensington last night to celebrate this year’s PCR Awards.
Amazon performed well at the ceremony, picking up the Non-specialist Retailer Award, the Brand of the Year Award for the Amazon Kindle and the celebrated Grand Prix Award, given to the company deemed to have contributed the most to the industry over the last twelve months.
EntaTech also did well, receiving the awards in the Gaming Distributor and Marketing and PR categories, as well as being crowned Distributor of the Year.
Micro-P gained recognition as both the best Peripherals Distributor and the best Consumer Electronics Distributor. Meanwhile, Scottish retailer Utopia Computers picked up the Service and Support Award and the Retail Experience Award.
The winners are:
– Independent Retailer: Novatech
– Specialist Retailer: Scan
– Non-specialist Retailer: Amazon
– Reseller: Insight
– Service and Support: Utopia Computers
– Retail Experience: Utopia Computers
– Software Distributor: Gem Distribution
– Gaming Distributor: EntaTech
– Components Distributor: VIP Computers
– Peripherals Distributor: Micro-P
– Consumer Electronics Distributor: Micro-P
– Marketing and PR: EntaTech
– Distributor of the Year: EntaTech
– Business and Utility Software Publisher: Adobe
– Leisure Software Publisher: Focus Multimedia
– Peripherals Vendor: Brother
– Computing Vendor: Samsung
– Components Vendor: AMD
– Brand of the Year: Amazon Kindle
Grand Prix Award: Amazon