US web entrepreneur and blogger Jason Calacanis has been spending the morning on Twitter, disclosing details about Apple’s new tablet device, which he claims he was given ten days ago.
"Yes, it’s true… I’ve been beta testing the Apple tablet for the past two weeks and it’s amazing," he tweeted eight hours ago, before claiming he couldn’t break his NDA with Apple. And then smashing it to smithereens.
In a succession of tweets, he claimed that:
* The tablet has a built-in HDTV tuner and PVR.
* It will cost $599, $699 or $799 depending on size and memory.
* It’s running a version of the iPhone OS, and can run several apps simultaneously.
* The battery life is "great" in e-book mode, but only 2-3 hours when using Wi-Fi or playing games.
* It has two cameras, one on the front and one on the back. There are also thumbpads on each side, and fingerprint security.
* The screen is OLED, and there’s a solar pad on the back for recharging.
* There’s a customised Farmville app for the device, which Zynga CEO Mark Pincus will be demoing live on-stage tonight.
You can read the full story on PCR’s sister site, Mobile Entertainment.