Home / News / 60 million iPhone apps downloaded
Apple announces figures after iPhone?s first month

60 million iPhone apps downloaded

Apple CEO Steve Jobs has revealed that over 60 million iPhone applications have been dowloaded since its debut a month ago, with an average of over 2 million every day.

Although freeware accounted for the majority of those downloads, the applications store has still generated around $30 million. Sega Corp says it sold over 300,000 copies of its Super Monkey Ball game at $9.99 each.

Of the revenue generated, 70 per cent went directly to the application developers while the remaining 30 per cent went to Apple. Approximately $21 million went to developers. Around $9 million of that was directed to the creators of the top ten best sellers.

If the situation continues at its current pace, Apple could generate over $360 million per year.

“This thing’s going to crest a half a billion, soon,” Jobs told the Wall Street Journal. “Who knows, maybe it will be a $1 billion marketplace at some point in time…. I’ve never seen anything like this in my career for software.”

Link: CNN

Check Also

BullGuard Launches 2021 Premium Protection, Internet Security and Antivirus with Dynamic Machine Learning and Multi-Layered Protection

BullGuard’s, new 2021 suite of antimalware solutions featuring Dynamic Machine Learning capabilities and Multi-Layered Protection …