In a drive to push some of the latest digital technology in time for the lucrative festive season, leading retail chain PC World has announced a list of products which will spearhead its Christmas campaign. The ‘top ten’ list includes established sure-hitters such as the iPod and iPod Nano, and also includes digital photo frames, media centre PCs and Satellite navigation devices.
The list highlights a strong emphasis on the Nintendo Wii, placing the next generation console at number one, while it also includes the Belkin Tunecast II FM Stereo transmitter – the use of which was only recently made legal in the UK.
The list in full:
1. Nintendo Wii, available from December 8th for £179.99
2. Phillips LX1000 PC, available now for £999.99
3. Momento Photo Frame, available in November for £299.99
4. Belkin Tunecast II FM Stereo Transmitter, available now for £29.99
5. Pink Advent 7105p Laptop, available from October 6th for £499.99
6. Logik Internet Radio, available now for £99.99
7. Packard Bell Smart TV, available now for £1,899
8. iPod and iPod Nano, Available now for £99
9. TomTom 910 GPS, available now for £499
10. HP Photosmart A717, available mid-October for £199.99